If you are a blogger who is interested in receiving galleys for review, here’s how to request them:
- First, please fill out our Blogger Request Form. This will ensure we have your genre, age, and special interest preferences, as well as your blog stats and mailing address. We generally do not send galleys to bloggers who have not filled out this form.
- To request a specific title, fill out our Galley Request Form. This is the most effective way to ensure that your specific request is read and logged. Please avoid emailing individual publicists, authors, editors, or imprints. We will also no longer be logging requests from the young readers marketing email we have used in the past.
Things to keep in mind:
- Galley quantities are extremely limited and we receive hundreds of requests a day. We cannot send to everybody, and in fact can send to only a fraction of those who request. We reserve the right to send or not send galleys at our discretion.
- Due to scheduling and embargos, galleys do not exist for all titles.
- We will not be able to notify you to let you know that your request has been logged, but we check the request form often to make sure our galleys are going to bloggers who want them. Rest assured that your request will be read.
- If we can spare a galley of the title(s) you have requested, you will receive it/them in the mail at an unspecified date.
- Galleys/ARCs are review copies. If you are not a reviewer, please do not ask for them.
- We don’t have a hard and fast policy that we use to choose which reviewers will and will not receive copies of a particular book. We have more galleys available for some books and less for others, which informs how many we send out. Priority will always be given to bloggers who have demonstrable audiences (via site view statistics, # of followers, # of comments, etc.), who are courteous and polite, and with whom the marketing department has previously established relationships. The way for us to have your stats/information is by filling out the Blogger Request Form before requesting specific galleys.
Thank you for supporting our books! If you review a book of ours, you are always welcome to send the link to email@example.com, and at-reply us @PenguinTeen on Twitter—we try to re-tweet as much as possible. You can also tag our Facebook fan page, or post reviews to our fan page wall.