Today we train the Penguin Teen Author Spotlight on Kat Rosenfield, whose debut novel AMELIA ANNE IS DEAD AND GONE has been called “exquisitely written” (PW, starred review) and “utterly compelling” (Kirkus, starred review). As you will discover in a second, Kat herself is warm and fun and just the kind of person you’d want to hang out with. Without further ado, here’s Kat:
Name: Kat Rosenfield
Novel: AMELIA ANNE IS DEAD AND GONE [Ed: Pssst. You can enter to win a copy on Goodreads until July 13!]
Available: July 5, 2012
Who’s your favorite author, living or dead? Dorothy Parker. She was witty, wordy, and a magnificent a**hole.
What’s your favorite thing about your book? That it exists! I’m still just a little bit in shock about that one.
If you could spend one year on a deserted island with one character from literature, who would you choose? The sadistic sex-crazed billionaire playboy from 50 SHADES OF GRAY.
…Just kidding. I’d kill and eat him on, like, the second day.
Where do you write? From underneath my cat.
Who is your favorite hero or heroine of history? Nancy Wake, who was a WWII era Resistance fighter in Germany. Anyone whose obituary includes the words “once killed a Nazi guard with her bare hands” is alright in my book.
Do you tweet? What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever tweeted? Oh, I like this one.
Let me guess: this is the part where everyone sneers, huffs, and goes, “PFFFFT. That’s not funny AT ALL. My DOG can tweet funnier than that!”
What is your favorite season? Autumn. I love it when Nature gets all sassy.
If you could teleport anywhere in the known universe right now, where would you go? Into Ryan Gosling’s pants.
…WHAT? You said anywhere!
[Ed: That’s true, we did. We should have known better. :) ]
Do you have any writing rituals? Only boring ones, like drinking coffee and wearing a shoe on my head.
What is your idea of earthly happiness? Finding my place in the world. (And, preferably, finding it well-stocked with Cheez-Its.)
What is the best concert you’ve ever been to? Arcade Fire, Central Park, 2006. It’s not that the music was terrific (although it was) so much as the fact that David Bowie ran out onto the stage mid-set and everyone in the audience nearly peed their pants.
What are you currently working on? Second novel, first draft. The rest is a secret.
Fine, just keep us in suspense!
938 Notes/ Hide
- mentalpopcorn reblogged this from fishingboatproceeds
- kinder20 likes this
- fueled-bypizza likes this
- bloomsbumyst likes this
- myownpeculiarways likes this
- kink4life likes this
- mademoisellecuriosite likes this
- malfoysheart likes this
- observeroftheuniverse likes this
- weatherbeatensoul reblogged this from fishingboatproceeds
- weatherbeatensoul likes this
- ambarredstrands likes this
- eiffeltower-paris likes this
- neremym likes this
- news-2012 likes this
- yearofthebibliophile reblogged this from jsgabel
- becarefolo likes this
- iseulttoinjury likes this
- jess-asaurous reblogged this from penguinteen
- petripaulietmaria likes this
- kathmp123 likes this
- alwaysverytired likes this
- lightsaurora reblogged this from fishingboatproceeds
- bagghe likes this
- meghan-b likes this
- themumfiac likes this
- reanimateyoursoul reblogged this from ameliawordsworth and added:
- elizabitching likes this
- literarymaven likes this
- youarerelevant likes this
- keepcalmdfta reblogged this from fishingboatproceeds and added:
- victheblue likes this
- justagirlinanowhereland likes this
- uniquegirlsreign likes this
- shawna-yimanovich likes this
- climbthestars likes this
- areadingnook reblogged this from fishingboatproceeds
- becomingmia likes this
- novimulyandini likes this
- thebellavie likes this
- haptic--scribe likes this
- esendoran likes this
- alpacaoutofnowhere reblogged this from fishingboatproceeds
- knights-of-summer reblogged this from fishingboatproceeds
- cluelessragdoll likes this
- batouji likes this
- itcamefromtheinternet likes this
- keyoflorelei likes this